Government has planned to install laser walls and smart sensors in the riverine and unmanned areas of the India Bangladesh border in West Bengal. The border is highly porous and it is an urgent need to man it in order to check infiltration and terrorism. The project will be carried on an urgent basis so that the work is completed by next year. The areas that are to be manned have already been identified.
The sensors that will be installed will be controlled and operated through satellite based signal command system. The forces would be informed about any infiltration through sensor blips. The mechanism of night visibility and fog operation has also been enabled.
Border Security Force which is responsible for the Manning of Pakistan and Bangladesh border is using Farheen Laser Wall technology at the India Pakistan border which has been highly beneficial for the armed forces. India and Bangladesh share 4096 km border out which 2216.7 km border is in West Bengal.
Border forces Manning Indian international borders –
Information Courtesy- Wikipedia
1. Border Security Force – 245,000 personnels on the Pakistan and Bangladesh Border
2. Indo-Tibetan Border Police – 77,000 personnels
3. Rashtriya Rifles – 40,000 personnel in Kashmir
4. Border wing of the Indian Home Guard – 400 to 600,000 personnel
5. Special Frontier Force – 10,000 personnel primarily used for conducting clandestine intelligence gathering and commando operations along the India Chinese border. Officially constrained from operating within 10 km of the border
6. Assam Rifles – [50,000 troops] 46 battalions an internal security force with secondary duties along the eastern borders.
7. Sashastra Seema Bal(SSB) 82,000 personnels on Bhutan and Nepal border.